Monday, March 28, 2011

My hands smell like bacon



Why? Because I just finished my first batch of bacon infused vodka!!

I got this idea from a tasty Bloody Mary I had while in Austin for the SXSW Interactive Conference. The process is relatively simple and after some research and my husband's insistence it would not make me ill, I decided to try it.

I followed instructions on Instructables.com, and used Titos Vodka. I started with a half pound of peppered bacon and a half of a bottle of vodka, and let the bacon steep in the vodka for 2-3 hours before putting it in the freezer.

I plan to use it for Bloddy Marys mainly, but found this company that actually sells bacon infused vodka, and they have what look like some very tasty recipes for bacon vodka. My favorite is called the Elvis Presley...

No comments: