Saturday, January 08, 2011

Leisl



PHOTOS BY KATIE WAMSLEY

This Leisl, by Ysolda Teague, is knit with Manos Wool Classica. The pattern is written so the knitter can achieve different effects and variations depending on the yarn and options she chooses. My gauge is 4.5 sts/in. I followed the green sample in the pattern, 3/4" sleeves and boat neck.

Project notes:
I knitted the 34” so I’d have some ease. Though I got gauge, or so I thought, it ended up being a 32”. I chose the boat neck option of this pattern, but I don't really consider this a 'boat neck' it’s about an inch lager around than my crew neck t-shirts. Despite these things I still love it. The pattern is easy to follow, It was a quick knit for a cardigan, it fits well, and I've already gotten some good use out of it.

I ended up knitting the button holes, but I think it looks better with my buttons if I button into the lace on the other side of the button band.

Manos holds up surprisingly well for a single-ply yarn. I've always admired it in the store, and I enjoyed working with it.

No comments: