Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Teacher!


Debbie Stoller visited ImagiKnit in San Francisco. She gave a class on the basics of lace knitting then signed some books. In the bottom picture she is demonstrating a decrease using 3 students.

This is the woman who taught me to knit… well, her book did. 5 years ago I was given the book Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie Stoller as a Christmas gift from a friend. I picked up some cheap yarn and a set of needles, and proceeded to work my way through the book. I still reference the book from time to time today. It's easy to understand, has great illustrations, and points out little tips and tricks for the beginner not typically found in a lot of how-to knitting literature.

I used the big bad baby blanket to get over a boyfriend. The blanket was for a cousin, and the largest project I had knitted at that point. I thought by the time I finish this blanket I will be over the boy. The experiment didn't quite go that smoothly, but I came away from it with a new hobby.

Today I knit everywhere I go, and knit all sorts of projects. Knitting both drives me to the brink of sanity and helps to keep me sane. I see no end in sight. Thank you Debbie Stoller!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! I'm jealous.

courtney said...

Thank you for the book!