Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1965



I love these arm warmers. They're just a little bit fancy. These are a pattern by Veronik Avery from Knitting 24/7. The combination of stitch patterns is based on a wedding dress designed in 1965 by Yves Saint Laurent. The dress combined super bulky wool trimmed with silk and satin ribbon. The yarn is Louet Gems color cream which is apparently a base yarn for a lot of dyers.

These were a pretty quick knit despite being on size 1 needles (the size I needed to get gauge), and because the stitch pattern is easy enough to memorize this is a very transportable project. The fit came out a little snug for me. Perhaps I should have stuck with the twos...

1 comment:

Alice said...

Your warmers look fantastic! I'm working on my own set right now. Thus far my project is still in its infancy, so I'm an eager beaver. Well anyway, bravo!
Alice