Thursday, August 20, 2009

Exposing my yarn in public


From waiting in line at the DMV to Stern Grove concert series, San Francisco provides many opportunities for knitting on the go.

The picture on the left was taken in Sonoma. Our friend Robin, she's a crocheter, visited and requested a trip to wine country. Beautiful scenery, great weather, good company and tasty wine plus knitting?!? I could have stayed all day.

The picture on the right is from our favorite seasonal concert series in the city, Stern Grove. Robin was gracious enough to teach me some of her crochet skills while we baked in the sun waiting for the show. That piece ended up being a little basket. I want to create more out of some different materials. The one above was from some remnant linen I had lying around. I'll post them eventually.

No comments: